There are approximately 24 candle fires everyday in the US. Accidental candle fires account for 4% of residential fires. December is the peak time for candle fires. Following a few basic safety tips can help keep your family and home safe.
- Never leave a lit candle unattended.
- Never burn a candle on or close to anything flammable.
- Keep candles away from children and pets.
- Use flashlights during a power outage.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down.
- Burn candles in a well ventilated room.
- Burning candles should be at least 3″ away from one another.
Click here for a full sized, printable version.