in Updates/0 Comments/by JD
Ice, wind and other factors can cause a power line to fall to the ground, onto your house or garage or dangle in the air. Power lines can carry more than 500,000 volts of electricity and are very dangerous. Stay away from downed lines and call 911 in the event of a downed line.
• Power lines can hurt or kill you – even if they are not sparking.
• Stay away – and keep children and pets away from electric lines.
• Do not touch anything in contact with a downed line – including fences and vehicles.
• Do not touch someone being shocked by a power line.
• Do not drive over a downed line and stay in your vehicle if it come in contact with a power line.
Always assume that a power line is energized. Stay away from power lines – do not touch them – Call 911.