CARBON MONOXIDE SAFETY

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is called the invisible killer, it is an odorless, colorless gas and can be found in fumes while running cars or trucks, small engines, stoves, lanterns, grills, fireplaces, gas ranges, or furnaces. CO can build up indoors and poison people and animals who breathe it.

Every year, more than 400 Americans die from CO poisoning, with more than 20,000 visit the emergency room and more than 4,000 hospitalized.  Symptoms of CO poisoning include headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion. 

Printable PDF version

Mariessa Szepytowski liked this post